What is a Flower bouquet Subscription?
When you sign up for a flower subscription, you will receive a farmers’ market style bouquet of fresh flowers each week (or every other week) from my farm. It is similar to a vegetable CSA or weekly vegetable box, but for flowers.
Your bouquet will will be full of seasonal bounty including flowers, herbs, vegetables and foliage I grow or forage from my land. The first week your bouquet is delivered to your designated pick up location in a vase that is car cup holder friendly. All following weeks your bouquet is delivered in a bouquet sleeve only, so please bring your vase with you at the time of pickup. A packet of flower food is provided weekly and I encourage you to use this to prolong the life of your flowers – they get hungry too!
How Long Will The Bouquet Last?
Your bouquet will include a variety of seasonal blooms, each with its own natural life span, on average the bouquet will last 7-10 days with good care which includes utilizing the flower food that is provided with the bouquet, maintaining a clean vase and displaying the flowers in a cool location out of direct sun light.
Please see all the tips for caring for your bouquet of fresh flowers.
I hear there is a 3Chicks fudge add-on available for 2018?
Rachel Rainey of 3Chicks Fudgery has joined up to offer a bouquet add-on of ½# of her weekly featured flavors of fudge (2 flavors of 1/4# each). Sugar-free fudge is available upon request at time of original order.
In a nut shell, how does a flower bouquet subscription work?
- You select the length of the subscription and whether you want flowers or flowers AND fudge;
- You select your host site pick-up location;
- You make payment by credit card to Darnell School Farm;
- I will provide you confirmation and general information via e-mail;
- I will deliver your subscription items each Tuesday to your chosen host site; and
- You pick up your items prior to the host site closing on Tuesday.